Ural Federal University (UrFU) is one of the largest higher educational institutions in Russia bringing together fundamental education and innovative approach towards the challenges of modern times.
Our aspiration is to become a world-class university in the heart of Eurasia committed to the complex and sustainable development of research and teaching.
Currently the university is home to almost 35 000 students from 80 countries of the world and more than 4 000 faculty members including the top-notch global experts in the spheres of natural sciences, engineering and social sciences. Our 17 Institutes offer about 400 Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Programs in natural sciences, engineering, social sciences, humanities, economics and management taught in Russian and English. The number of UrFU alumni exceeds 360 000 people.
Breakthrough studies are pursued in 72 research excellence centres. The university is open to international collaboration having almost 400 partners all over the globe and being an active participant of such initiatives as BRICS Network University, SCO Network University, CIS University.
UrFU in Rankings
Ural Federal University constantly works on building its global reputation and is currently ranked amongst the world's top universities:
- placed 6th among Russian universities (Webometrics Ranking of World Universities)
- top-10 best Russian universities (“Expert RA” rating agency);
- top-60 of the best universities of the Emerging Europe and Central Asia (QS Quacquarelli Symonds);
- top-650 (QS World University Rankings);
- placed 14-15th in the ranking of national universities by the Interfax Rating Agency;
- placed 78th among BRICS countries universities (QS World University Rankings: BRICS);
- placed 3rd as per the number of patents among the companies in Russia (The Research & innovation performance of the G20 (Russia) — Thomson Reuters);
- top 201-250 of Times Higher Education BRICS and Emerging Economies Rankings 2016;
- top 251-300 QS WU Rankings by Subject: Mathematic.